Hiring Immediately for 2nd and 3rd shift positions. This is an essential role providing direct care for individuals with developmental disabilities and will remain open throughout the COVID-19 outbreak.
Direct support professionals (DSPs):
- Provide personal care and companionship to individuals with developmental disabilities
- Accompany and assist residents in fun activities and day-to-day tasks
- Develop relationships with residents and ensure their physical and emotional needs are met
Being a DSP at St. Joseph Home has its perks.
- You’ll enjoy benefits like:
- Competitive pay
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid time off and employee assistance programs
- Life insurance and additional types of coverage
- Tuition assistance
- 401K plan that St. Joseph will contribute to
- And many others!
Aside from the benefits and competitive pay at St. Joseph Home, you’ll feel rewarded through engaging with our residents. The bonds you’ll form make an enormous difference in someone’s life. And that will make you feel amazing.
There really aren’t “typical days” as a DSP, but here’s what your shift might look like:
- Assisting with residents’ developmental activities that help support their personal development plan
- Giving meals to the residents (and help with naptimes for most)
- Interacting and connecting with residents throughout the day to ensure their needs are met
- Completing any relevant documentation and start planning for the next day
If you like to stay busy, you love working with people, and don’t want to do the same thing every single day, you belong at St. Joseph Home. Our DSPs love giving our residents a reason to smile. And all those smiles are contagious.
A good job will fill your pockets. A great job will fill your heart, too.
Interested in a happier and more fulfilling career? We’d love to talk to you.
Hiring for full and part time positions.